One losing streak ended but another shows no sign of ending. So, you can’t blame Winnipeg residents for feeling Blue about their Bummers, uh, Bombers.
What follows are my weekly power rankings (with last week’s ranking in parentheses):
1. British Columbia 8-3 (1): The Lions steadily and without a lot of flair keep winning games. That’s the mark of a (potential) champion. Week 13 at Edmonton
2. Montreal 7-4 (2): The Alouettes are positioned to take control of the Eastern Division. Will they? Week 13 vs Toronto
3. Calgary 7-4 (4): Four wins in a row for the Stamps who are indeed the top challenger to British Columbia’s control of the Western Division. Look for that winning streak to grow this week. Week 13 at Saskatchewan
4. Toronto 6-5 (3): The Argos have not lost a game by more than 9 points this season. Monster game this weekend. Week 13 at Montreal
5. Edmonton 5-6 (5): The Esks are heading in the wrong direction. And fast. Week 13 vs British Columbia.
6. Saskatchewan 5-6 (6): The Roughriders show no signs of being able to beat a quality team. Week 13 vs Calgary
7. Hamilton 4-7 (7): The TiCats took out all sorts of frustration against Edmonton. Remember this: Hamilton lost its last visit to Winnipeg. No chance that happens this week, right? Week 13 at Winnipeg
8. Winnipeg 2-9 (8): Let’s simply say the coaching change hasn’t worked. Week 13 vs Hamilton